KILZ® CHALK SPRAY PAINT
Indoor & Outdoor | Decorative | Easy Application
KILZ® Chalk Spray Paint delivers a premium matte finish with enhanced adhesion to multiple surfaces. Ideal for small indoor and outdoor projects and highly detailed surfaces, KILZ Chalk Spray Paint can be used on wood, metal, plastic†, cast stone and wicker. Sprayed surfaces can be further enhanced with KILZ® CLEAR CHALK SPRAY PAINT or KILZ® CLEAR or DARK SEALING WAXS. The comfort tip reduces finger fatigue and delivers great application experience. KILZ Chalk Spray Paint comes in six beautiful colors White, Toasted Poppyseed, Authentic Navy, Platinum Ring, Cameo Coral, Blue Juniper and Clear.
Available in 12 OZ SprayWhere To Buy
Please check availability before visiting your local retailer
- Ratings & Reviews
- Preparation, Application & Clean-Up
- Warranty / Warnings
- Product Specifications
Where to Use
Use KILZ® Chalk Spray Paint on properly prepared surfaces such as:
COLOR AND SHEEN ON THE CAP IS REPRESENTATIVE OF THE PRODUCT. Not for touch-up on surfaces previously painted with KILZ CHALK STYLE PAINT.
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold and mildew. If washing is necessary, use a nonsoapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface.
- † For optimal adhesion to difficult surfaces apply a coat of primer such as KILZ ORIGINAL Oil-based Primer/Sealer/ Stainblocker or KILZ Premium Water-based Primer/Sealer/Stainblocker.
- Apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between 50°-90°F.
- Ensure adequate ventilation when spraying indoors.
- Cover adjacent areas to avoid overspray.
- For better adhesion sand glossy surfaces. For hard to adhere surfaces apply a coat of primer such as KILZ Original Oil-based Primer/Sealer/Stainblocker or KILZ Premium Water-based primer.
- Avoid painting in direct sunlight.
- Temperature and humidity extremes can affect dry time and final appearance.
- Shake can vigorously for 1 minute after mixing ball begins to rattle and often during use.
- Test your spray application technique on a scrap surface or inconspicuous area before starting the project.
- Hold can upright, moving from side-to-side while spraying lightly and evenly about 12” from area being painted. Always begin and finish spraying off the object. Each spray pass should overlap the other pass by half.
- Apply multiple thin coats to prevent dripping and sagging. Allow to dry between each coat.
- Dries to touch in 15 minutes re-coat after 45 minutes.
- * NOTE: Use KILZ Clear Chalk Spray Paint over glossy surfaces to create a matte finish. For high use surfaces like coffee tables, dinning tables or vanities, spray over surfaces previously painted with KILZ Chalk Style Paint for a permanent seal.
DRY TIME at 77°F (25° C), 50% RH:
Allow to dry between each coat.
- Dries to touch in 15 minutes
- Re-coat after 45 minutes.
Clean-up & Disposal
- Clear spray valve immediately after use by turning can upside down and spraying until only clear gas is released. If spray nozzle becomes clogged, remove and clean with mineral spirits.
- Do not stick pins or wire into can opening.
- Clean fresh overspray with mineral spirits or paint thinner. Remove dried paint with paint remover, but test small area first to ensure paint remover does not damage substrate.
This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
WARNING If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Center at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.
VENTILATION REQUIRED: To avoid inhalation and combustion hazards (see below), DO NOT use this product unless you can achieve cross ventilation by opening windows and doors during application and drying. CONTAINS ACETONE, N-BUTYL ACETATE, PROPANE, ISOBUTANE, ISOBUTYL ACETATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER ACETATE, TOLUENE AND XYLENE. VAPOR HARMFUL. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. CAUSES SERIOUS EYE DAMAGE. IRRITATES SKIN, NOSE AND THROAT. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air, wear respiratory protection (NIOSH/MSHA TC 23C or equivalent) or leave the area. VAPORS MAY IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. Do not spray near sparks, heat or open flame. Do not smoke. Vapors are heavier than air and can travel at floor level to distant ignition sources. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors, high intensity lights and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. WARNING-CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE. Do not puncture or incinerate container. Do not expose to heat or store at elevated temperatures above 120°F. Prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting. FIRST AID: If you have difficulty breathing, leave area to obtain fresh air. If difficulty continues, get medical attention immediately. If swallowed, call physician immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Indoor | Outdoor
12 sq. ft.per can
Sheen @ 85°
Dry To Touch
Dry To Recoat
Max VOC (by weight)
Max Product Weighted MIR
*% Solids by Weight
*% Solids by Volume
* Numbers given here are from KILZ® CHALK SPRAY PAINT White color.