Interior | Exterior Primer
New Look, Same Great Formula! KILZ KLEAR® High Performance Sealer is a fast dry multi-surface clear primer developed to seal porous surfaces inside and outside your home. Particularly effective for “same color painting”, KILZ KLEAR Primer will bond and seal porous and chalky surfaces with little change to current color. KILZ KLEAR Primer is a tough, flexible and breathable film to offer years of service. KILZ KLEAR Primer may also be used to seal highly porous surfaces with a transparent flat finish. Suitable for sealing torn drywall facing paper, dried wallcovering adhesive, ‘hot’ joint compounds, concrete and stucco. Use on interior and exterior surfaces including drywall, plaster, wood, galvanized, aluminum, architectural plastics, masonry and brick. Not recommended for floors.
Available in Gallons & FivesWhere To Buy
Please check availability before visiting your local retailer
- Ratings & Reviews
- Preparation, Application & Clean-Up
- Warranty / Warnings
- Product Specifications
The following steps are recommended for product performance.
- All surfaces must be clean, free of dust, chalk, oil, grease, wax, polish, mold and mildew, loose peeling paint, rust and all other foreign substances.
- If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute, rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous*.
- Glossy Surfaces: Use only over properly prepared glossy surfaces, scuff-sand to de-gloss and wipe clean before application.
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming.
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Do not thin or apply at a greater spread rate or build up a visual glaze on the surface. Product is formulated for use at package consistency only.
- Brush – High quality Nylon/Polyester
- Roller – High quality 3/8-1/2" nap on smooth surfaces or 1/2-3/4" nap on semi-rough or porous surfaces.
- Airless spray–.017-.021 tip / 60 mesh filter
- Coverage: 300-400 sq. ft. (18.6-27.9 m2) per gallon, depending on the surface texture, porosity and the application method.
Dry Time at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
To Touch: 30 Minutes
To Recoat / Topcoat: 1 Hour
Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
Clean-Up & Disposal
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain. Please consider donating any unused product. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.
- If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations. For recycling or disposal information contact your local household refuse collection service.
Cautions / Limitations
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CAN WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS
DO NOT USE ON FLOORS
DO NOT USE WHEN AIR AND SURFACE TEMPERATURES ARE BELOW 50ºF OR ABOVE 90ºF
SHELF LIFE UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS IS TWO YEARS UNOPENED
LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Masterchem Industries LLC warrants to you, the original residential consumer purchaser, the performance of this product as described on this label for so long as you reside in your home. If this product is found to be defective upon inspection by its representative, Masterchem Industries LLC will, at its option and upon presentation of proof-of-purchase (the original receipt), either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the original purchase price of this product to you. This warranty is not transferable. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for the application or removal of any product, and (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranties including the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this express warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Note to residents of the State of New Jersey: The provisions of this warranty, including its limitations, are intended to apply to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey. For warranty service, call: 1-866-774-6371, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Masterchem Industries LLC reserves the right to inspect any and all application of the product prior to processing your claim made under this warranty. †Provided it is allowed to dry for 24 hours before topcoating and tested for compatibility in an inconspicuous area before full coat application.
This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS ETHYLENE GLYCOL. May cause eye, nose and throat irritation. Avoid breathing of dust, vapors and spray mist. Open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriate, properly fitted respirator (NIOSH / MSHA TC 23C or equivalent) during and after application. Follow respirator manufacturer’s direction for respirator use. Close container after each use. Wash thoroughly after handling, and before smoking or eating.
If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
- If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately.
- For eye contact flush eyes immediately with large amounts of water for at least 15 minutes and obtain medical attention.
- If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
KEEP FROM FREEZING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN!
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY
Coverage - Low
300 sq. ft.
400 sq. ft.
Finish @ 85°
Min Application Temp
Max Application Temp
Dry To Touch
Dry To Recoat
Nylon / Poly
Roller - Smooth Surface
3/8" - 1/2" nap
Roller - Porous Surface
1/2" - 3/4" nap
.017" - .021"
2,500 - 3,000
17.4% (+/-) 2%
19.7% (+/-) 2%
95 - 105 KU