New Look, Same Trusted Formula! KILZ® HIDE-ALL® Primer is a high hiding, fast drying, multi-surface water-based primer-sealer formulated to minimize problems caused by dark colors, minor surface marks, textures and porosity differences. Ready to brush, roll or spray, it can be topcoated after one hour with water-based or oil-based paint. Use KILZ HIDE-ALL Primer on interior surfaces including drywall, cured plaster, woodwork, masonry, concrete block, brick and previously painted surfaces. Not for use over glossy surfaces or on floors.
Available in Gallons & FivesWhere To Buy
Please check availability before visiting your local retailer
- Ratings & Reviews
- Preparation, Application & Clean-Up
- Warranty / Warnings
- Product Specifications
The following steps are recommended for product performance.
- All surfaces must be clean, free of dust, chalk, oil, grease, wax, polish, mold and mildew, loose peeling paint, rust and all other foreign substances.
- If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute, rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.*
- Glossy Surfaces - Not Recommended: Use products such as KILZ® ADHESION, KILZ® RESTORATION or KILZ® PREMIUM Primer over properly prepared glossy surfaces.
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming. Use a product such as KILZ® PREMIUM, KILZ 2® or KILZ® KITCHEN & BATH Primer.
- Masonry, Brick, Stucco and Plaster: KILZ HIDE-ALL Primer may be used on clean, dry, aged interior masonry surfaces that have cured (dried) at least 30 days.
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use. Eye protection is recommended. For spray applications, a small amount of water (no more than 1/2 pint per gallon) may be added.
- Use product when surface and air temperature are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Airless Spray - .017-.021 tip / 60 mesh filter
- Roller – Use a high quality 3/8"-1/2" nap roller on smooth surfaces or 1/2"-3/4" nap roller on semi-rough or porous surfaces.
- Brush – Use a high quality Nylon/Polyester brush.
- Coverage: 300-400 sq. ft. (27.87-37 m²) per gallon depending on application method and surface porosity.
- DO NOT THIN. Product is formulated for use at package consistency. May be thinned with no more than 1/2 pint of water per gallon for spray application if necessary.
- Mix thoroughly before, and occasionally during use.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- Stainblocking: KILZ HIDE-ALL Primer is formulated to block minor, non-bleeding scuffs and stains before topcoating; for heavier stains use a product such as oil-based primers such as KILZ® ORIGINAL Primer or water-based primers such as KILZ® RESTORATION Primer.
- Tinting: may be tinted with up to 2 ounces of universal colorant per gallon.
- Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
Dry Time at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
To Touch: 30 Minutes
Can be recoated or topcoated in one hour with latex or oil-based paint.
Cooler temperatures and higher humidity may prolong dry time.
Clean-Up & Disposal
- Clean all tools and equipment with clean water.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
- To reduce waste, consult with your retailer or an online paint calculator to determine the correct amount of paint to purchase.
LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Masterchem Industries LLC warrants to you, the original residential consumer purchaser, the performance of this product as described on this label for so long as you reside in your home. If this product is found to be defective upon inspection by its representative, Masterchem Industries LLC will, at its option and upon presentation of proof-of-purchase (the original receipt), either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the original purchase price of this product to you. This warranty is not transferable. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for the application or removal of any product, and (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranties including the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this express warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Note to residents of the State of New Jersey: The provisions of this warranty, including its limitations, are intended to apply to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey. For warranty service, call: 1-866-774-6371, or email: email@example.com. Masterchem Industries LLC reserves the right to inspect any and all application of the product prior to processing your claim made under this warranty.
If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
WARNING: Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION
HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID BREATHING OF DUST, VAPORS OR SPRAY MIST. Open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headache or dizziness or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor/ mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriate, properly fitted respirator (NIOSH / MSHA TC -23C or equivalent) during and after application. Follow respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Close container after each use. Wash thoroughly after handling and before smoking or eating.
If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately. If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately. In case of eye contact, flush eyes immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention.
KEEP FROM FREEZING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN!
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY
Coverage - Low
300 sq. ft.
400 sq. ft.
Finish @ 85°
Min Application Temp
Max Application Temp
Dry To Touch
Dry To Recoat
<100 g/L, excluding colorants
Nylon / Poly
Roller - Smooth Surface
3/8" - 1/2" nap
Roller - Porous Surface
1/2" - 3/4" nap
.017" - .021"
1,800 - 2,500
31.3% (+/-) 2%
43.6% (+/-) 2%
101 - 109 KU