KILZ UPSHOT® Aerosol
KEY ATTRIBUTES - LEARN MORE
KILZ Upshot® Aerosol blocks most stains caused by water, smoke, tannin, ink, pencil, felt marker and grease, and seals pet and smoke odors. Use on interior surfaces including wood, drywall, plaster, paneling, wallpaper, masonry, brick, painted metal and properly prepared glossy surfaces.†
The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold, mildew, wallpaper paste, etc. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.
Glossy Surfaces: For maximum adhesion, scuff sand the surface thoroughly before priming.
Eye protection is recommended.
For best results, use at room temperature. Cover adjacent areas to protect from overspray.
Shake can vigorously for 1 minute after mixing ball begins to rattle and often during use. Hold can upright, moving from side-to-side while spraying lightly and evenly, about 12" from area being painted. Two to three thin coats produce best results.
Topcoat with latex or oil-based paint after 15 minutes. Note: On some surfaces, spot priming may cause a non-uniform appearance in the final coat. To avoid this, prime the entire surface.
Dry Time at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
Topcoat with latex or oil-based paint after 15 minutes.
Clean up & Disposal
Clear spray valve immediately after use by turning can upside down and spraying until only clear gas is released. If spray nozzle becomes clogged, remove and clean. Do not stick pins or wire into can opening.
Replace nozzle with valve opening pointed away from you. Clean fresh overspray with mineral spirits or paint thinner. Remove dried paint with paint remover, but test small area first to ensure paint remover does not damage substrate.
To recycle or properly dispose of paint or primer in your community, call 1-800-CLEANUP.
14 - 19 sq. ft.
Finish @ 85°
Min Application Temp
Max Application Temp
Dry To Touch
15 - 30 min
Dry To Recoat
Max VOC (by weight)
18.0% (+/-) 2%
40.0% (+/-) 2%
Masterchem Industries LLC offers a limited warranty. For details, e-mail Technical Service at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Technical Service, Masterchem Industries LLC, 3135 Old Highway M, Imperial, MO 63052-2834.
If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
VENTILATION REQUIRED: To avoid inhalation and combustion hazards (see below), DO NOT use this product unless you can achieve cross-ventilation by opening windows and doors during application and drying.
CONTAINS PETROLEUM DISTILLATES AND ACETONE. VAPOR HARMFUL. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Causes eye, skin, nose and throat irritation. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air, wear respiratory protection (NIOSH / MSHA TC 23C or equivalent) or leave the area.
NOTICE: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents may be harmful or fatal.
VAPORS MAY IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. Do not spray near sparks, heat or open flame. Do not smoke. Vapors are heavier than air, and can travel at floor level to distant ignition sources. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors, high intensity lights and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone.
CONTENTS UNDER PRESSURE: Do not puncture, incinerate (burn) or store above 120°F (40°C). Exposure to heat or prolonged exposure to sun may cause bursting. Do not discard in home trash compactor.
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately.
In case of eye contact, flush eyes immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention.
For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
KEEP FROM FREEZING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY