KILZ PRO-X® p50 Block Filler Primer
KILZ PRO-X® p50 Block Filler is designed for above grade use on concrete block, cinder block, and poured or precast concrete. It is an economical interior / exterior latex primer formulated to fill and seal porous masonry surfaces, reduce pinholing and help produce a smooth and even topcoat for a uniform, professional quality finish.
Where to Buy
Fives PX50 - MSDS
KILZ PRO-X® p50 Block Filler Primer TDS
|Coverage - Low
||75 sq. ft.
|Coverage - High
||150 sq. ft.
|Finish @ 85o
|Min Application Temp
|Max Application Temp
|Dry To Touch
|Dry To Recoat
||640oz / DO NOT TINT
||Nylon / Poly
|Roller - Smooth
||3/8" - 1/2" nap
|Roller - Rough
||1/2" - 3/4" nap
||.019" - .025"
||2,000 - 3,200
||50.0% (+/-) 2%
||69.5% (+/-) 2%
||98 - 108 KU
| WHERE TO USE
Use on properly prepared, above-grade interior or exterior surfaces, such as:
- Cinder Block
- Concrete Block Poured
- Precast Concrete
- Surfaces must be clean, free of dust, chalk, oil,
grease, wax, loose & peeling paint, mold &
mildew stains and all foreign substances.
- If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy
detergent or TSP substitute. Rinse well and
allow to dry.
- Fill all gaps with paintable sealant and allow to
completely dry prior to coating.
- For maximum adhesion, glossy and slick
surfaces must be de-glossed prior to coating.
- Use product when surface and air temperatures
are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Apply using a brush, roller or sprayer.
Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during
- DO NOT THIN – Product is formulated for use
at package consistency only.
- To reduce waste, consult with your retailer or
an online paint calculator to determine the
correct amount of paint to purchase.
DRY TIME at 77°F (25°C), 50% RH
- To Touch: 30 Minutes
- To Recoat: 2 Hours
- Full Cure: 7 Days
Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
CLEAN UP & DISPOSAL
- Use soap and water to clean tools, splatters and spills.
- Spills can be contained with dry sand or other inert absorbent.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain.
- Please consider donating any unused product.
- For recycling or disposal information, contact your local refuse collection service.
CAUTIONS / LIMITATIONS
- IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CAN WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS
- FOR TINT BASES – DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDTION OF COLORANT
- INTERIOR USE ONLY
- DO NOT USE ON FLOORS
- DO NOT USE WHEN AIR AND SURFACE TEMPERATURES ARE BELOW 35ºF OR ABOVE 90ºF
- ALLOW 2 WEEKS FOR FULL CURE BEFORE WASHING OR CLEANING
- SHELF LIFE UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS IS TWO YEARS UNOPENED
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS
ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator
to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by
contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
WARNING: Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION.
AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF DUST, VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE
CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure
fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSHapproved
for organic vapor with a P-Series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does
not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately.
- If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately.
- In case of eye contact, flush eyes immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 - 20 minutes and get medical attention.
- For skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
KEEP FROM FREEZING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY
Back To Top
If this product is found to be defective upon inspection by its representative, Masterchem Industries LLC will, at its option, either furnish an equivalent amount
of new product or refund the purchase price to the original consumer purchaser of this product upon proof of purchase. Masterchem Industries will not be
liable for any representations or warranties made by any retail seller or applicator of this product. This warranty excludes (1) labor or cost of labor for
the removal of this product or any other product, the repair or replacement of substrates to which this product is applied or the application
of replacement product and (2) any incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental
or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other
rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is not transferable. To make a warranty claim, write to Technical Service, Masterchem Industries LLC, 3135
Old Highway M, Imperial, MO 63052-2834, or email Technical Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.