Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines® Chalk Style Paint can transform nearly any surface to a new look and add history and character. The paint has excellent coverage and can be applied over most existing finishes with very little surface preparation. Chalk Style Paint turns even your biggest projects into simple weekend to-dos, click here to see all 44 colors.
- Excellent Coverage and Hide
- Effortless Application
- Ideal for furniture and cabinetry
- Smooth Finish
- Quick Dry Formula
- Low VOC and Low Odor
- Curated color palette
- Available in Quart size
Clear and Dark Wax
Designed to work with Chalk Style Paint, Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines® Clear and Dark Wax are soft, pliable, low odor, and easy to work with. They're great to seal and protect your piece's surface or add age and character.
- Clear & Dark Color
- Seals and Protects the Surface
- Hard Drying Wax
- Creamy and Easy-to-Use
- Low Odor / No VOC
- Can be Buffed For a Subtle Velvet Look
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
- PREP, APPLICATION, & CLEAN UP
- WARRANTY & WARNINGS
Coverage - Low
60 sq. ft.
100 sq. ft.
Finish @ 85°
85 - 95 KU
Dry To Touch
Dry To Recoat
< 50 g/L
Nylon / Poly
Roller - Synthetic
3/8" - 1/2" nap
*Numbers given here are from Base 1.
PREPARATION AND APPLICATION
MAGNOLIA HOME BY JOANNA GAINES® CHALK STYLE PAINT can be applied over most existing finishes with little surface preparation. Use this product to up-cycle vintage furniture. Apply paint on old and new wooden furniture, cast stone, concrete, and even metal surfaces†. Do not use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
- Loose and peeling paint, mold and mildew stains, rust and all other foreign substances should be removed from the surface. We recommend scuffing and sanding glossy surfaces and repairing any imperfections. Remove all dust with a damp cloth and allow to dry.
- Shake the container thoroughly before opening for application.
- Use MAGNOLIA HOME BY JOANNA GAINES® CHALK STYLE PAINT on properly prepared uncoated or painted interior surfaces. For woods that contain tannins, such as redwood and cedar, use a coat of primer such as KILZ® PREMIUM Interior/Exterior Water-Base Primer.
- Roller: High quality 3/8"-1/2" nap synthetic roller
- Brush: High quality Nylon / Polyester Blend
Note: This product is formulated to be rich and concentrated to provide excellent hide and coverage. If you find this product to be too thick add up to 2 oz. of water per quart to thin it to the desired thickness for smooth and easy application.
- †For optimal adhesion to difficult surfaces use KILZ® PREMIUM Interior/Exterior Water-Base Primer. Follow the instructions on the back of the primer label and top coat it with MAGNOLIA HOME BY JOANNA GAINES® CHALK STYLE PAINT.
DRY TIME @ 77°F and 50% RH
- To Touch: 1 hour
- To Recoat: 2 hours.
- Darker colors may require additional dry time between coats.
- Cooler temperatures or higher humidity may prolong drying time.
Clean-Up & Disposal
- Clean all tools and equipment with water.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
- To reduce waste, consult with your retailer or an online paint calculator to determine the correct amount of paint to purchase.
*LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Masterchem Industries LLC warrants to you, the original residential consumer purchaser, the performance of this product as described on this label for so long as you reside in your home. THIS WARRANTY IS NOT VALID WHEN THE PRODUCT IS NOT PROPERLY APPLIED TO A PROPERLY PREPARED SURFACE OR CARED FOR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LABEL DIRECTIONS. This warranty is not transferable. If this product is found not to perform as specified on the label during the warranty period, Masterchem Industries LLC will, at its option and upon presentation of proof-of-purchase (the original receipt), either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the original purchase price of this product to you. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for the application or removal of any product, and (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Note to residents of the State of New Jersey: The provisions of this warranty, including its limitations, are intended to apply to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey. For warranty service, call: 1-866-774-6371, or email: email@example.com. Masterchem Industries LLC reserves the right to inspect any and all application of the product prior to processing your claim made under this warranty.
- IMPORTANT! Do not open can without reading instructions.
- Shake can thoroughly before opening for application.
- Stir before and during application.
- For tint bases-do not use without addition of colorant.
- Do not use on loors.
- Do not use when air and surface temperature are below 50°F or above 90°F.
- Shelf life under normal conditions is 2 years unopened.
- Keep from freezing.
WARNING: Causes eye and skin irritation. Wear protective clothing, gloves, eye, and face protection. Do not eat, drink, or smoke when using this product. Take of contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. Dispose of unused, contents, container and other contaminated wastes in accordance with local, state, federal and provincial regulations. FIRST AID: If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes and remove contacts if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing and get medical attention if eye irritation persists. If on skin: Wash with plenty of soap and water. If swallowed: Rinse mouth and get medical attention if you feel unwell.
TIPS & TRICKS
From transforming vintage furniture to discovering the perfect finishing touches, visit Joanna’s studio to discover easy DIY painting tips that will help you achieve her signature look.VISIT JOANNA'S STUDIO
Stay up-to-date with the latest
products, promotions, and more.
Our full palette, sheens, sizes, and Peel & Stick paint samples.
Find a Magnolia Home by Joanna Gaines®
paint retailer anywhere across the US.