Logo

Paint Thinner & Brush Cleaner

Paint Thinner & Brush Cleaner
Bookmark and Share
      

HAMMERITE® RUST CAP® PAINT THINNER & BRUSH CLEANER cleans synthetic and natural bristle brushes, roller covers, artist brushes and equipment. Softens and removes hardened latex and oil-based paints.


   Available in
    Quarts 48500 - MSDS

Where to Use
  • Cleaning: Use to clean all equipment and brushes as soon after use as practical.
  • Thinning: Carefully read and follow all coating manufacturers' label instructions prior to use.

 


Spraying
  • Carefully read and follow all coating and equipment manufacturers’ label instructions prior to use.
  • Conventional Air Spray: Thin up to 25%. Tip size: 70-80 thousandths with pressure set at 1000-2800 psi.
  • Airless Spray: If thinning is required, thin up to 10%. Tip size .017"-.021" with pressure set at 1000-2800 psi.

 

The information above is for general guideline use only. Before operating any spray system, review the technical manual for detailed instructions needed to properly operate and maintain the equipment.


Clean Up & Disposal
  • If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent.
  • Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state, and local regulations.   
  • Do not dispose of this product down a drain.
  • Please consider donating any unused product.
  • For recycling or disposal information, contact your local household refuse collection service.

 


*Limited Warranty

In lieu of all other warranties and guarantees, if this product is found to be defective upon inspection by its representative, Masterchem Industries LLC will, at its option, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price to the original consumer purchaser of this product upon proof of purchase. Masterchem Industries will not be liable for any representations or warranties made by any retail seller or applicator of this product. This warranty excludes (1) labor or cost of labor for the removal of this product or any other product, the repair or replacement of substrates to which this product is applied or the application of replacement product and (2) any incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. To make a warranty claim, write to Technical Service, Masterchem Industries, 3135 Old Highway M, Imperial, MO 63052-2834, or e-mail Technical Service at techservice@masterchem.com


†WARNING!

COMBUSTIBLE! CONTAINS XYLENE AND AROMATIC SOLVENT. Vapors may cause flash fires. Do not smoke. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off stoves, heaters,electric motors and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Close container after each use.

WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm.

IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING.USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches, or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.

NOTICE: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents may be harmful or fatal.

FIRST AID: In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN – DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.


Back To Top Back To Top