KILZ® GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR WATER-BASED PRIMER
KILZ® General Purpose Interior is a fast drying, latex primer and sealer formulated to minimize decorating problems caused by surface texture and porosity differences. It’s ready to spray, brush or roll and can be topcoated with latex or oil-based paint. For use on almost all interior surfaces. Not recommended for flooring, glossy surfaces, mold and mildew prone surfaces, or for stainblocking.
3.79 L, 18.9 L 5700 - MSDS
KILZ® GENERAL PURPOSE INTERIOR WATER-BASED PRIMER - TDS
|Coverage - Low
|Coverage - High
|Finish @ 85o
|Min Application Temp
|Max Application Temp
|Dry To Touch
|Dry To Recoat
||Nylon / Poly
|Roller - Smooth
||10 - 12 mm nap
|Roller - Porous
||12 - 14 mm nap
||.015" - .021"
||2,500 - 3,200
||31.4% (+/-) 2%
||47.4% (+/-) 2%
||95 - 105 KU
| WHERE TO USE
Use on properly prepared interior surfaces, such as:
- Complete all patching, repairs and sanding before applying KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE primer.
- The surface must be clean, free of dust, grease, wax, peeling paint, mold, mildew and wallpaper paste. If washing is necessary, use a non-soapy detergent or a TSP substitute. Rinse well and allow to dry.
- Peeling or Checked Paint: Scrape off loose paint and sand to a smooth surface. Sanding or removal of paint containing lead is hazardous.†
- Glossy Surfaces: KILZ® PREMIUM and KILZ 2® primers are recommended for use over properly prepared glossy surfaces.
- Mold or Mildew Covered Surfaces: Wash the area with a mildew remover, rinse with water and allow to dry before priming. NOTE: KILZ PREMIUM and KILZ 2 primers are recommended for mildew-prone surfaces.
- Masonry, Brick, Stucco and Plaster: KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE primer may be used on clean, dry, aged masonry surfaces. New masonry must be allowed to cure (dry) at least 30 days before applying KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE primer.
- Eye protection is recommended.
- Apply as supplied using a brush, roller or sprayer.
- A small amount of water may be added for spray applications.
- Only apply if surface, air and product temperatures are between 10°-32° C.
- Stir thoroughly before and occasionally during use.
- Prime the entire surface to ensure a uniform appearance of the topcoat.
- Stainblocking: For stainblocking, use KILZ PREMIUM, KILZ COMPLETE®, KILZ ODOURLESS® or KILZ® ORIGINAL primers.
- Tinting: KILZ GENERAL PURPOSE primer may be tinted with up to 60 ml of universal colourant per 3.79 L. Tinting to a lighter shade than the topcoat is recommended.
DRY TIME at 25° C, 50% RH:
- To Touch: 30 Minutes
- To Recoat / Topcoat: 1 Hour
Application at lower temperatures, high humidity or poor ventilation will affect dry time.
CLEAN UP & DISPOSAL
- Clean equipment and paint spatters with warm, soapy water.
- If spilled, contain material and remove with an inert absorbent. Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused product in accordance with all current federal, state and local regulations.
- Do not dispose of this product down a drain.
- Please consider donating any unused product.
- For recycling or disposal information, contact your local household refuse collection service.
If this product is found to be defective upon inspection by its representative, Masterchem Industries LLC will, at its option, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price to the original consumer purchaser of this product upon proof of purchase. Masterchem Industries will not be liable for any representations or warranties made by any retail seller or applicator of this product.This warranty excludes (1) labor or cost of labor for the removal of this product or any other product, the repair or replacement of substrates to which this product is applied or the application of replacement product and (2) any incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is not transferable. To make a warranty claim, write to Technical Service, Masterchem Industries LLC, 3135 Old Highway M, Imperial, MO 63052-2834, or email Technical Service at email@example.com.
Back To Top
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS ETHYLENE GLYCOL. Avoid contact with eyes. May cause eye, nose and throat irritation. Avoid breathing of dust, vapors or spray mist. Open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headache, or dizziness, or if air monitoring demonstrates vapor / mist levels are above applicable limits, wear an appropriate, properly fitted respirator (NIOSH / MSHA TC 23C or equivalent) during and after application. Follow respirator manufacturer’s direction for respirator use. Close container after each use. Wash thoroughly after handling and before smoking and eating..
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately.
- If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical attention immediately.
- In case of eye contact, flush eyes immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention.
KEEP FROM FREEZING
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY